Saturday, July 2, 2011

HERE WE GO!

The cake that sent me off. Believe it or not, all the flags were made from Airheads candy that was hand rolled and cut! Thank you, Suyin - you rock!!!!!!!
The last several months have been a blur. Between ending the school year, packing up and renting my home, packing up my classroom, finding and working with my replacement for next school year (Hi, Miss Seip!), selling my car, selling every non-essential item I own (thank you, Ebay) and prepping and packing my motorcycle, I feel like I've been in a state of constant adrenalin rush.

Fortunately, my friends Evan and Suzan were committed to the idea of alleviating some of my stress and sending me off in style, and as only the Milmans can, they orchestrated a shindig that became a greatest hits of the people in my life - family and friends that have in so many ways shaped the person that I am now. Interestingly enough, many of these people, having come from completely different locations and stages in my life, have never met, and it was amazing to see everyone interact. Laughter was the common language for the day, and several times I was approached with the comment "Your friends are great!" Indeed, indeed...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mr. Vogt! Good luck on your adventure. Please keep us all updated. I'm sure it will all be well worth it in the end. Your doing something that many people want to do but never take the time or have the courage to do so. I wish you all the luck in the world.

    Gabby orsino ( from your art foundation class) I'm sure you remember me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gabby!

    Thanks for all the kind words! Things have been going great so far, and I just finished up the workshop on building a house using straw bales (I'm a little behind in my blog posts, though, so I won't have any posts on it for another week or so...) Hope the summer's going well, and I promise to stop by at school when I get back to NJ in late October before I head out to Australia/New Zealand! (Um, and yes, I remember you Gab... school only finished a month ago and I'm not THAT old...yet...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a blast reading the blog...spectacular photos...you are pretty articulate for a biker...be safe and healthy...MVZ

    ReplyDelete